Monday, August 4, 2008

Our New Home

We have been in our new home for a month now and still love it to pieces! It feels so good to walk through the front door. Here is a slide show of our home sweet home:



We also have officially joined FBC Saginaw. We are so very excited to have found a new church home. We all love it ... except for Victoria. She is having a hard time when I drop her off. The last couple of times, she just stood in the middle of the room and made her big frowny face and looked at me as to say "Please Mommy, don't leave me alone in this big scary place with all these strangers and other crying children." It just about killed me this past Sunday. If the walk to our class was longer, I probably would have been in tears by the time I got there. Anyway, I am sure it is just the one year old separation anxiety kicking in. Riley didn't much have that, so this is new to me. So the plan is to drop her off next Sunday with her plug (pacifier) in her mouth and Star Dolly (see below) in her arms. I am hoping that will ease her anxiety.



The deck is coming along nicely. We had a bit of a delay in the building process (Carey's clutch in his truck went out ... no fun!). Right now it just has most of the decking boards on. Next will be the roof (complete with ceiling fans and lighting) and then the railing. Then I am hoping to plant some shrubbery and what-not.

Before

After

Popsicles with our friend Jack.

I love to go out there in the morning (before the sun comes over our neighbors house and before the kids wake-up) with my Bible and my prayer journal and just pray to God out loud. There is something about praying outside and out loud that makes it so much more real. It is just so peaceful and I stay more focused on what I am saying. Try it.

3 comments:

Kippy said...

We love the new place. Jack's always talking about Riley's house and how much fun it is! We may have to get a place with stairs! (not that we're looking)

Anjolee said...

Your home is so pretty. I can't believe how much you have done and have on the walls already. The rooms look really big and the kids rooms are so cute. Sounds like you have a very special place for your quiet time.

Anjolee said...

Oh, Mckenzee didn't quit that crying when we left her in the nursery until a couple of months ago. She used to start the crying as we were walking up to the front doors outside and then when she started walking herself she would try and run away.
It's hard on those Momma's girls...and their Mommas.