Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You will be the Flower Girl ... and you will like it!

So, little bro is getting married this summer and little Miss is going to be the flower girl. This past Saturday, we met Gigi and LB's fiancee K at David's Bridal to try on some dresses.

As you can tell from this picture, she wasn't as excited
about this outing as much as we were.

"Only two dresses Baby Girl. Let's try on just two. Then we will go get a snack. Some fruit snacks, chocolate, a cookie, chips ... anything you want."

She reluctantly put it on ... meaning I put it on over her head all the while she is screaming bloody-murder and I am trying to keep her from ripping the dress to shreds. You would be amazed at the strength that can be packed in to a girl of only 30 pounds and 35 inches! As we attempted to walk out of the dressing room, she held on to me for dear life and would not let go. She frowned in utter disapproval of the whole process. The only time she even perked up was when I said "Let's go take this off."

Run, run to the dressing room.

Then the other dress. All over again.

It didn't really bother me at all. I laughed the whole time ... which probably aggravated Little Miss even more. Oh well. You pick your battles and this was one I picked to win!

So, we decided on dress number 1 and then we put it on again and added the yellow sash and Gigi covertly placed a ribbon comb in her hair.

Gigi wasn't fast enough with the camera to catch this
one on camera, but take a look at that hair.

Mine not hers.

I was having such a good hair day. Those are few and far between lately since I am in the process of growing it out a bit. Still recovering from the $45 haircut that only took 10 minutes to whack off all my curly curls to only be left with a couple of inches of wavy non-styleable ick. Saginaw friends - never, never get your hair cut at the salon next door to Great Clips on Blue Mound road. In fact, one month later (once my hair had a chance to lay down and grow a bit) I went to that Great Clips and only paid $8 (had a coupon) and they fixed it for me. "Ahhhh, much better" were my exact words that day. Bless that hair cuttin' lady there.

Anyway, back to the dress. Loved the dress with the straps because Little Miss inherited hubby's beautiful dark skin color and not the Lemons (or rather Garner) pasty whiteness. So, by August, she should be a beautiful golden brown. This happens even with layers and layers of sunscreen.

Must be nice.

But, the white straps will look so great with her skin color.

So, Riley will be walking with Victoria down the isle wearing a tux. Carey will also be wearing a tux as he ushers. So, the question I know is on everyone's mind, at least it has been on mine ... What will Kim wear?

I have no earthly idea. I have approximately 171 days ... well really only 166 if you take into account travel time to Colorado ... to find a dress and shoes and probably a purse too. Oh and earrings.

But, on more pressing matters ... I only have approximately 46 days to find something for both of us to wear to older bro's wedding next month! Those crazy-in-love kids have moved the date up a bit and we are on the clock to find a dress and shoes for Little Miss and a dress and shoes and accessories for me.

And no all you boys out there ... I cannot wear the same thing to both weddings. I was raised better than that.


2 comments:

Kippy said...

Kevin's getting married too! Wahoo! Super fun wedding year for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun day. Exercise is good for you - raises those endorphins and all that. :)

Congrats to your whole family as you gain new members!