Monday, January 5, 2009

So Bummed

Riley had to go back to school today. I'm so bummed. I LOVE having him at home all to myself. He is just the coolest little guy! One of my most favorite people. But, I know that he needs to go to school and be social on a daily basis. He just loves school to pieces and would be devastated if he didn't get to go. He gets bored around here ... hard to imagine with the small toy store that has developed over the Christmas holiday. He was "so exciting" (a Riley-ism) to go to school this morning. Couldn't wait to see all his buds.

So Victoria and I are having a quiet morning at home. We were going to run errands, but it is cold and rainy ... so I built a fire. We are staying in today. In fact, she is still in her PJs at 10:20. She loves her PJs.

We have added a new "Riley-ism" from our trip to Michigan. "Illinnoying" - This is what he called Illinois. And then there is the nagging question that he asked all through the state of Missouri. "Daddy, are we out of the state that we are in yet?" And you probably thought that Missouri is called the "Show-Me" state, but Riley informed us that it is "The Big Fat State." It takes a while to travel across that state ... about 6 hours or so.

Too funny. He makes us smile.


Grandpa (Carey's Dad) took these pictures in Michigan. If he said it once, he said it a thousand times "Riley, just smile. Stop goofing around." Well, I do believe Riley was having some fun with him!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Riley is our Special little person. He has a big heart and big smile.
Grandpa & Grandma would like to know what a "QUIET" day is with Victoria. We all know she is a little "energizer bunny".
We sure miss you all---we love you all. God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you! I was not ready to take Jack to school yesterday morning. We had so much fun on our vacation that I miss the days of just up and doing whatever we want.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Riley looks a lot like your mom in that top picture. I mean that in a good way. LOL

It sounds like y'all had a lot of fun. Great Christmas memories!

Shelley