Monday, January 12, 2009

Monopoly

Carey told me that this was blog-worthy.

I played Monopoly for the first time yesterday. It was Star Wars Clone Wars Monopoly, but it is essentially the same as Monopoly. The results were not pretty ... for me. After about two hours, I was forced into bankruptcy. Carey only had 5 cities on the board, but that was enough. I told him the game was over. I had noticed that I started stress eating and drinking once I had to start mortgaging my property. So after 2 Diet DPs and a half a bag of Doritos ... I called it quits. It was fun. I really love to play board games or any games for that matter. I am hoping we will do that more often. A better use of our time than zoning out in front of the TV.

We'll see.

Oh, and Riley played the game with us for the first 15 minutes. He kept taking the pieces of the board and making them fight each other. I suppose that is more fun for a 5 year old than buying properties. But once we started taking his blue money, which was the $10s I believe, he got fed up and left the table. Blue is his favorite color and I guess that just did it in for him. Go figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL Look for Monopoly Jr. I personally can't stand regular Monopoly--- of course, I've always played with greedy cut-throats [*cough* Chris *cough*]. Anyway, it's a much shorter and faster game. Basically, if you land on it, you HAVE to buy it.

We have the Disney Princess version, and the kids can play it for a while. Y'all need to get Zooloretto. Our kids love it, and it's playable for adults, too.

We have games, games, and more games. Lately, though, it's Rock Band 2 rather than the board games that keep our evenings occupied. :)