Monday, January 19, 2009

A S-L-O-W Day

I LOVE no school days!! Riley is home. Yay. There is no rush rush to get him to school, get Victoria down for a nap, go get him at school. It is just nice and S-L-O-W round here. So nice.

There has only been one fight so far. It was over the Lightning McQueen chair we got Riley for Christmas. Curses ... I knew I should've got two! But no ... I got her the pretty polka-dotty bean bag chair. Which does she like better? You guessed it ... Lightning McQueen. Oh well.

My time has been spent on wiping noses ... mine and Victoria's, doing 7 loads of laundry (ran out of laundry soap this weekend), reading blogs (always a blast), and helping Riley do all the Lego Indiana Jones Wii moves that create welled up tears in his eyes from frustration. So he calls on me? I manage to get the job done after fifty tries and in the process loose every single last coin he has worked so hard to find ... thank you for invincibility!!

Anyway, just love these days.

Still haven't taken a shower. Yep ... still in the PJs. Will mosey on up there in a bit to take care of my appearance before hubby gets home. That would just be very bad of me to have him come home to this 5'6" mess of a lady. A little 1950s of me, but hey, we should put on our best for our husbands when we have the time. And today I have the time. Don't get me wrong ... I am not talking a ball gown and pearls. Today my best will be jeans and a t-shirt. But a little paint on the barn door and a head of hair that doesn't scream "Just got out of bed!!" is on the agenda too.

A S-L-O-W day to take it easy. To get over sickness. To plan the week. To fold the mound of laundry on the couch while watching Riley rescue the lost ark from the clutches of ... some villain.

Maybe take a bath. Well, that is just pushing it I suppose. Just a quick shower will do.

He is instructing me here on what he needs me to do next.
There is the laundry pile. That is only three loads.
Four more to go.

3 comments:

For Over 29 Years... said...

Hey don't feel bad about staying in pj's you deserve days like that!!! We cleaned out Logans closet, I have 3 trash bags FULL of shoes, brand new socks and clothes. The boy has grown about 2 inches and 2 shoe sizes since school started!!! Want to meet up and have me pass it along?

Anjolee said...

I love slow days....most of my days are slow.

I feel you on that laundry. Chris and I have been working our tails off on laundry for days. I also sorted socks and filled an entire laundry basket. Then, I found my little miss sitting in there on them taking them apart one by one.

I hope you get to feeling better.

I also tend to grab the make-up bag in the afternoon before Chris gets home on days when I have not gone out. My mom always did.

Have a great rest of your slow day!

Anjolee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.