Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Week Without Our Riley

So Victoria and I did surprisingly well without our Riley this past week. I have adjusted her schedule somewhat since she is getting up an hour earlier (7AM instead of 8AM). Now we do lunch around 11:30 and nap at noon ... then wake-up at 2:30 to get to school to pick-up Riley by 2:45. I am so very surprised at how fast the day goes by. The time from noon to 2:30 goes by the fastest, of course.

I was really good at the beginning of the week ... cleaning, organizing, getting all my to-do's to-done. But I must admit I did break-down on Thursday and "helped" Victoria take a nap (meaning I took a nap too). I had been up with her the night before, which NEVER happens ... haven't done that in like 13 months. She required a little rocking to get back to sleep. So, during naptime, I turned on my fav show (right now it is Law and Order: Criminal Intent - I DVR all the episodes) and fell asleep watching it. I don't feel too guilty for the nap ... I think it is healthy from time to time for both body and soul ... and Mommy's attitude.

So Little Miss Victoria is turning into Mommy's little helper around the house. I give her little tasks to do like take something to Riley's room or put things back where they go. She does very well. Her thing lately is that she gets upset when she makes a mess. So I am teaching her how to clean it up.

Oops, spilled milk while riding Thomas.

I missed this spot right here.

Got it all!

I have noticed that she likes to do alot of things like Mommy ... load the dishwasher, clean the floors, carry a purse, put on make-up. I didn't experience this with Riley (and for that I am grateful!). I am really loving having a little girl ... drama fits and all! As you can see we still have the plug (pacifier). I am going to get rid of that soon. Not sure when ... it really helps with those drama fits!

No comments: