Sunday, September 14, 2008

Yucky Gross Kindergarten Germs!

Well, I will not be winning the "Mom of the Year" award again this year (actually I probably lost out on it that first week in January). I sent Riley to school SICK on Friday. He said that his arm hurt and his tummy hurt. Thinking that he was probably having "growing pains" in his arm, I gave him some ibuprofen and thinking that he just had an upset stomach (inherited from my lovely side of the family), gave him some medicine for that too. Then off to school he went. Picked him up at 3PM with a 100.3 degree fever. URGH!!! I am such an idiot! He never fakes being sick ... NEVER! So why would I think that he was ok to go to school when he said he didn't feel good. Another lesson learned.

Then to top it all off, I have been sick all day too. And now I am at that point where I have slept so much today (thank you to my wonderful husband) that I can't sleep now, but still feel absolutely terrible. Don't you hate that?! So now I am going to finish watching Coco Chanel on Lifetime and have some milk and iced oatmeal cookies (or as we call them in my family, snot cookies - pretty gross huh?) and some tylenol PM.

I can't post without a picture, so here is little Miss Victoria helping me with my caffeine addiction (at least it is diet):

Good girl!!

1 comment:

Anjolee said...

Sorry to hear that y'all are sick. We missed you at church this morning!