Thursday, July 15, 2010

Some Summer Fun


Well ... we have been enjoying our summer, for the most part. We had a bit of a hiatus for a couple weeks. Strep and a fever virus were to blame for that. No fun. But we are back at it now. Summer fun!

We recently (like today) took a trip to the Ft. Worth Museum of Science and History with our friends Jack and Caroline. WOW ... that place has changed alot. It was amazing! The kids had a blast!

Hanging out in a dinosaur footprint.

Little Momma going grocery shopping.

Playing in the water things ... I don't know what they are
called, but they are fun.

So once we hit most of the exhibits and were thoroughly exhausted (well, at least I was), we made our way to the car. Then there was a request to go to the bathroom. Then, I had to go. So we said goodbye to our friends, ran back inside, used the facilities, saw a friend from church and chatted a bit, came back outside to make our way to the car and ... then we saw the fountain and just couldn't help ourselves. It started out as just a "let's get our feet wet" kinda thing and then escalated into totally drenched and the kids had to ride home in the car in just there skivvies.

What can I say ... it was hot today and I just gave in. Let me tell you, it took all I had to not join in. I really gave it ALOT of thought.

Riley and his bud at nature camp.

Riding bikes. No, this is not our driveway or our neighborhood ...
we wish, maybe one day. We are at Uncle Corey and Aunt Katie's place on July 4th.

The "kids" (Carey and Uncle Kev and Corey) planning the fireworks
show. Seriously, I felt like I went back in time about 20 years and
they were all like age 12 again.

Riley trying his best to blow-up a Dr Pepper can with a black cat.

SO EXCITING ... but a little loud.

Watching the boys fireworks show and some larger ones along the skyline.

We had an incredible view of about 3 or 4 largefirework shows. Plus, my brother's neighbors were putting on quite a show as well. It is amazing what a couple of hundred dollars can buy you at your local mega-fireworks stand. A little scary too.

No comments: