Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Baby Shower (and Pregnancy Ramblings)

First off, let's rewind to a little over 2 years ago. We loved the town we lived in. We loved our church family. We loved Riley's school. We also loved that Carey had a job as an attorney after a 3 year journey down that change of career decision road. A job that he loved. A job where he was appreciated. A job that allowed me to stay at home. A job that was about an hour and a half from our home.

That's too far. Time to move.

Here we were. We just moved out to Saginaw. Built a new house. Joined a new church. Riley was starting a new school. And what did I pray for time and time again after our move? Godly Friends. I had left friends at our old church and at my work. I missed them. I missed those relationships.

Well, the Lord blessed me and then some. This past weekend some dear sweet friends, that I have only known for just a year or two, gave me an incredible baby shower! I was just floored a couple of months ago when they approached me about the shower. I mean, this is our third baby. We have just about all the gadgets, what-nots and equipment there is to have ... and we have the boy version and the girl version. So, they opted for the diaper shower. And I tell you what ... if you have decided to go the disposable diaper route, this is best kind of shower to have. We received over 1,000 diapers. Not sure how long those will last, but my estimation is about 5 months. YIPEE!!

But the best part was just celebrating with friends that the Lord has given me at our new church. Friends that are my age and some that are in their 60's! It just truly blessed my heart.

So, Victoria was not able to go attend the shower. She was sick ... again. But Riley accompanied me and was the photographer for the morning. Here are just a select few from is portfolio:

A candid (I am the one without the waist).


I am thinking that he was hiding under the table for this one. Hmmm.

The punch (it was REALLY good punch, I can see
why he thought it was photograph worthy).

Christina and me (not too bad Riley).

A belly shot (I actually like this picture alot).

There were some other pictures as well, including 2 pictures of himself, 3 of his shoes (they are new shoes) and about 2 dozen of some little girls that were in attendance. It was quite hysterical when I got home and looked through them all.

Fortunately, one of the hostesses grabbed my camera and took some pictures as well:

Is that not the neatest center-piece?!
Those are little diapers rolled up and made into a tower.
Victoria thought it was a birthday cake when I brought it home.
I have it displayed in the baby's room. It looks so good in there!

I FINALLY got a baby book. It is hard to find a gender neutral
baby book. Not sure if this is or not, but I really like it none-the-less.

Another candid (again, that's me without the waist).

My first born and me!

It was a good time and the haul was amazing! The diapers are all stacked up in the baby's closet with the wipes too. We also got a basket FULL of goodies and clothes and blankets. And Riley's Sunday School teacher made the baby a quilt. A hand-made quilt. I LOVE IT! Love, love hand-made things. I will cherish that gift forever. I also got some burp clothes made from cloth diapers and just a piece of material sewn in the middle. They are SO cute! And such a simple thing to do to turn a diaper into a cute little burp cloth. I am SO stealing that idea. Along with the diaper tower too!

No comments: