Friday, May 22, 2009

Season Finales

Some were good.

Some were very awesome.

Some were lame.

Some were very confusing ... the ones with the time travel ... that gets me every time.

Lost - That would pretty much explain it for me. Totally and completely lost. I have no idea what is going on. So, John Locke is still dead? And Jacob is a real person, not the Doc's dead dad come back to life on the island? And why didn't Sun go back in time with her buds? And I totally agree with the guy who hears dead people talk ... how do we know that the nuke explosion didn't cause the radiation leak that led to the button not getting pushed which led to the crash of the airplane way back in episode one?? So so so many questions and we have to wait until 2010 for the premiere. And let me just say, if you have no earthly idea what I am talking about, get it on netflicks or blockbuster or downloads or whatever and watch it this summer. Believe me, it is some real good TV watchin' time. That is how we got hooked last Fall. We watched like 4 seasons in two weeks. Good stuff.

Chuck - "I know kung fu." So completely and totally awesome was that! Lovin' that show. And I am a huge, huge fan of Scott Bakula. Love that Quantum Leap. Could watch those reruns all day!

The Unit - I say good riddins Molly Blaine. I am usually for marriages staying together, but I'm sorry lady, your character is so utterly annoying. And the whole thing with the new guy going rogue on purpose. Wow, so did not see that coming. Still, I will never trust him again.

NCIS - So Ziva has been kidnapped by some terrorists in Egypt. Fine by me. Never trusted her. Let's get some new blood. But seriously CBS, don't ever take Gibbs or Denozoe off the show. I will be forced to cut you off just like I did to NBC when they took Carter off of ER. I am not joking.

Sarah Connor Chronicles - Ok, I was really upset when you killed off Brian Austin Green. It was so random and unexpected. I mean, there he was one moment ya know, doing his thing and then all of a sudden, he had a bullet in his head. What?! BUT, now he is alive in the future where John Connor is, but John Connor doesn't exists? And judgment day happened anyway? What? And will Riley be there? What about Cameron? And will she be a machine or a real live person? Another show that I am utterly ... lost.

Smallville - (No laughing. I know we are not the target audience, but we are vested at this point and have to watch it to the end) Well, you finally gained some momentum there at the end, but seriously, did you have to kill Jimmy? And what is it with EVERYONE knowing Clark's secret? Not much of a secret now is it. And Lois is in the future? And Clark, where is he going? You didn't make that clear. And has Davis come back to life as ZOD? Again, another show that I am ... lost.

House - It was all just a hallucination brought on by his medication? So cool! I mean, that totally caught me off guard. Just like killing off Kutner ... and that other girl. Which, for the record, I really liked them. If we must toast people (that is what we call it at the Thompson house), let's get rid of the old characters that have no depth. I mean they are barely on the show anyway. Or that chick that is dying of some sort of disease. I am not that attached to her either.

Castle - What about her mom's death? What is it? C'mon. Does every single show have to end with a cliffhanger? We like the show. That is why we watch it. Cliffhangers are not needed to keep us watching. We will stay loyal.

Battlestar Gallactica - Series Finale = LAME. Totally and completely lame. Did we have to wrap it all up and put a pretty bow on top? I didn't expect such cheesiness out of a cutting edge show like this one. Lame and cheesy - it is something that, well, I would have written. That's me, lame and cheesy. That is not BSG. I will overlook it. I mean the series was total awesomeness up to that point.

Phew ... I know that sounds like a lot of TV watchin' for the Texan Thompsons, but with the DVR and all, it goes by lickity-split. I mean, we are only talking like 6 hours a week. Is that bad? There is only so much Dora and Diego and Sesame Street a person can handle. We do require some entertainment that goes a little deeper than colors, shapes and our next rescue mission.

So, this summer there are just a few that the Texan Thompsons will be awatchin': Eureka, Burn Notice, The Next Food Network Star, Leverage, Psych, Monk and more of Law and Order: Criminal Intent (so lovin' that Jeff Goldblum - he is just so weird).

And of course Star Wars: The Clone Wars on cartoon network. Well, only two of us will be watching that. And I am not one of them.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I loved Chuck's season finale!! I figured he would get the intersect back in his head, but I loved that he is now a "true" agent. I loved the looks on John and Sarah's faces when he started beating up the bad guys.

We'll be watching Leverage this summer. I'll watch Psych. I haven't heard of Eureka and Burn Notice. I'll check those out.

Anonymous said...

Chris hated the BSG finale, too. I don't actually watch any of those shows, but I *did* watch Smallville way back. I quit when I figured they weren't going to give me Chloe and Clark, and I realized I was really having to fight the urge to throw small appliances at the screen whenever Lois came on. I've kept up with the show through forums, though, so I know all about the Jimmy situation. :)

I guess the only show I do watch anymore is The Office. I have the finale on DVR on my 'need to watch' list.