Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

So we have been enjoying ourselves these past few weeks.

Watching Polar Express in 3D.

Riley is supposed to be helping Daddy put up Christmas lights.

Watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

"You better not pout, I'm telling you why"

On Riley's field trip to Casa to see Rudolph.
A real snooze fest for Mommy, but tons of fun for the kids.

Opening the Advent calendar we got from Carey's Uncle Gary and Aunt Sally.

Chattin' it up on the way out the door. Little girl is always on her cell phone.

We had our Christmas musical at church a couple of weeks ago. Even though my $70 sequin choir top was 10 sizes too big and I was horse from being sick the few days before, we managed to put on a great show and I even sang in a quartet. Ran a bit long, so Gigi and Pops had to run tag-team with Victoria in the sanctuary.

We went to see Santa. Riley was a bit gun-shy. I had to stand up there with them and tell Santa what they wanted with Riley nodding his head yes the entire time. Riley said that he didn't want to talk to Santa because his beard wasn't big and white. Whatever. No picture, though. I am not crazy about making my kids have their picture made with a complete stranger ... even if it is Santa.

We went to the drive-thru nativity (or activity as Riley calls it) at North Ft Worth Baptist. Very cool. Live animals. Sheep, donkey, camels ... the camels were so cool. Very neat. Victoria was amazed!

We visited some old family friends last night and had a blast!! Riley was on his "A" game and just entertaining them for all it's worth. He is such a ham with an audience. They are such a sweet family and we love getting to visit with them!


And of course, we have been in the process of getting a good picture of the kiddos in front of the tree for a few weeks now. Here are some of the results:

Not bad, but not great.

Really great picture, but missing the tree.

Giving Gigi a hard time trying to pose in front of the tree.

Love it when they laugh!

I do believe this one is my most favorite!

We have cookies galore! Chocolate chip, peanut butter rice krispie squares, snickerdoodles, iced Christmas cookies. Tomorrow I will attempt the peanut butter cup cookies that Carey's Gma used to make and the peanut butter gooey bars that his step-mom Sally makes ... yummy!!

We won't be giving out any of the ones Riley iced.
He licked the icing knife between every cookie.
Got some five year old germs on those.

And then there is our annual December trip to the pediatrician that we take today. I have two snotty and coughing kids that NEED to DESPARTELY be well by the day after Christmas. We are leaving to go to Michigan to spend a week with the Michigan Thompsons. There is snow sledding, snow mobiling, snow playing, snow fort building, snowman buidling, snow skiing (got a bit of a theme going here) all on the schedule. And everyone needs to be cough and snot free.

We have finished the Christmas shopping and I believe I have approximately 32 presents (I know, I am such a nerd for counting, but I just can't help myself) to wrap on Christmas Eve and a super humangous kitchen to assemble. Should be fun! Cannot wait!

No comments: