Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Questionnaire

A fun little diddy I came across in blog-land:

1. Christmas Tree - Fake or Real?

Fake all the way - Spent too many Christmases sick with pine allergies. My new rotating 9ft pre-lit tree totally rocks!!!

2. Favorite Ornament
The ones I have of Riley on the tree from each year with his picture and recorded little baby voice.

3. Favorite Christmas Song
"Jesus Born on this Day" by Avalon (downloaded it from iTunes today and am listening to it right now for the 10th time ... Love it!!)

4. Favorite Tradition
Setting out the milk and cookies and staying up late to watch the weather report with Harold Taft showing us Santa Claus making his way to Fort Worth. That Harold Taft kept me believing in Santa for a very long time!! Also, mom and dad waking us up on Christmas morning with a fire in the fireplace and presents everywhere. Handing them out one by one. Seeing what my brothers got. Mom and Dad taking a nap in the afternoon while we played with all our new toys. Going to my Grandma's that Christmas night. So great.

5. Favorite Gift Received
That is a hard one - my parents blew me away every year! The ones that stand out are plane tickets to see Carey (1996), Baby Alive (1984) and my Kitchen Aid mixer (2005).

6. Favorite Christmas Meal
A big 'ol huge breakfast

7. Favorite Christmas Cookie
Tea Cakes with yummy buttery icing (a couple of days old)

8. Favorite Place to Be
Watching my kids open their presents. I used to feel so sorry for my parents growing up because they wouldn't get very many presents at Christmas. I totally get it now. If I don't receive one thing for Christmas, I would be totally fine with that. I just absolutely LOVE watching the excitement on my kids' faces on Christmas morning when they get those presents. Superficial ... probably yes, but that is just pure child-like joy that just makes me so very happy! It makes me just imagine how God must feel when we receive his blessings and they make us so very happy.

9. Favorite Memory
Flying up to Michigan Christmas 1996 when we were engaged. His Uncle Terry, Aunt Kelly and Cousin Tyler picked me up from the airport and I surprised Carey in his Grandmother's dining room with ALL his family there. I will never forget the look on his face!!

10. Favorite Christmas Movie
"It's A Wonderful Life" hands down!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CAREY loves the rotating tree?! Um...I seem to recall a certain Kim Thompson who was pining [pardon the pun] for a rotating tree not too many Christmases ago. Hmmmm....

:)

Love the pics of the kids, as usual. As to Victoria's debut, it's tough to know how much you should do for them when they're that age. I think it's totally cool to give a little shake here and there.

Y'all have an awesome Christmas!