Monday, March 8, 2010

We are ...

... having a baby!

We will be completing our family in August with the arrival of baby number 3! Very exciting!!

This last addition to our family has been a long time coming. We started talking/planning about this one about a year and a half ago. I actually started preparing myself for the fact that it just might not happen. But let's just say that we are very "thankful" for this wonderful gift from God (if you don't know what I mean, click here).

So far, this pregnancy has been alot like my other two ... just plain awful. I was stricken with morning sickness for every waking moment of the day from week 5 until about week 14. It still hasn't totally disappeared, but at least it isn't ALL THE TIME. But, if I do recall my prayers at the beginning of my pregnancy, I did ask that the Lord "bring it on" as far as pregnancy symptoms. I wanted to know at anytime that this baby was developing and growing like it should. He definitely answered that prayer with a resounding YES. And even though I was absolutely miserable, my house was a mess for three months, and my daughter watched a ridiculous amount of TV, I counted it all joy just to know that this little one was ok.

Now that the sickness is just about gone, I do feel much better. I still have some "joys" that are uncomfortable, but I think that might just be my age ... seriously. Being 33 and pregnant is ALOT different than being 26 or even 30.

So far I have gained 11 pounds. Not too bad, I guess. Gained 3lbs in month 2, 3lbs in month 3 and 5lbs month 4. I am trying not to obsess about it too much. I just don't want a repeat of my pregnancy with Victoria. I think I gained a whopping 40 pounds. One of the first things Carey said to me was "You aren't going to go crazy on donuts and Dr Pepper again, are you?" No hon, I am not.

This pregnancy seems to be going by a bit slower than the others did. Not sure if it is because I worked during my other pregnancies or if it is because pregnancy itself has lost its appeal to me and I just want the baby here. I think I am more excited about this one than I was for the other two to arrive. So, the countdown for me has already begun. I have already converted the spare bedroom into the baby's room. I even made up the bed.

The kids are super excited about the baby. I think Riley is more excited than Victoria. He keeps throwing names out there that he wants us to use ... Sam, Nathan, Issac ... all boy names. He wants a little brother SO BAD! I almost want it to be a boy just to see his reaction. But that would be the only swaying factor. I honestly don't care. And the way I look at it, it is just another person to love and care for and most importantly, to teach about being a follower of Christ. Boy or girl just doesn't matter much.

But the hair does. I want a curly-headed child. I have a wavy haired child and a straight (very straight) haired child. I would LOVE to have one with curly hair.

3 comments:

Kippy said...

We're soooo excited for y'all! And if you don't get the curly hair you hope for you're welcome to come and tame Caroline's any time you want.

The Laughlin Family said...

YAY! Just so thrilled and excited for y'all! Love & Hugs!

Unknown said...

So happy for all of you!!!! I'll be praying for curly hair on this little one!!!