Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yes, I cut her bangs


Little girl hair ... definitely a learning process. The sides are too short and the middle is too long. They really need to be evened out a bit, but I am scared that I will make it worse. So, I will just leave as is and try again in about a month.

I just can't bring myself to go pay someone $10 to cut her bangs and trim the back. She doesn't have that much hair ... yet. I mean, I opened and closed the scissors maybe 7 or 8 times last night. That comes out to a little over $1 for each snip.

Nope, not gonna do it. Not yet. I would like to wait until it requires more than 7 or 8 snips to cut her hair ... possibly 20 or so. Then we will pay for the haircut.

Besides, I still have burned into my brain Riley's first trip to a no-kidding real live "haircut store" (that is what he calls it). He just turned two. The stylists had absolutely no patience. There was a lot of crying. There was some blood too. Not fun. I do believe that either Daddy or Pops took Riley to get his haircut for the next 3 years. Seriously. I was not going to go through that again.

Give me some time, Victoria. I will figure out how to cut and style your hair.

If not, I am sure Gigi will come to your rescue and just take you in herself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable even with longer bangs in the front!

I didn't take Jack to get his hair "professionally" cut until he was a ringbearer. He was scared of scissors and the trimmers or "buzzards" as Jack calls it. I couldn't submit that kind of screaming and crying to a hairdresser LOL The tip would have cost more than the cut.

We went to Cool Cuts for Kids. A little more expensive than a Super Cuts, but it was fantastic! He had an awesome experience, and we will definitely go back again. Plus, he got to play XBox 360 while they cut his hair. He was in heaven. HAHA

Kippy said...

Erin takes Selah to a place called Sweet and Sassy at Northeast Mall. She loves it! We take Jack to a place near our house called Kazaam's Kuts for Kidz (nice spelling, huh?) Anyway, he hates it but they're incredibly patient and are amazingly talented at cutting a kid's hair while he's in a headlock and his feet are kicking 90 miles an hour.

Anonymous said...

We did Cool Cuts, too! The DVDs were the big selling point there. Elisabeth was always so sensitive about her head being touched. Thank heaven they had the Wiggles DVDs back then to help her focus on something else.

Brandon loved the different choices of seats--- plane, car, etc.

But, I'm like you. It's hard to imagine paying for bangs only. You know, you might check around, though. You can probably find someone who'd do the bangs for just a few bucks. And, personally, I think she's just super cute the way she is!

Anjolee said...

She is cute, CUTE! Straight bangs or not you can't deny her adorable-ness.