Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I DID IT!!!


I finally did it ... I was able to put Victoria's hair in pig tails AND get a picture of her doing what she does best ... SMILING! The little angel smiles all the time, except when there is a camera around. And if she is smiling when there is a camera around, she is too busy to stop and pose for me.

I must admit, Daddy is much better at fixing her hair than I am. It is so funny to see these huge man-hands with these little rubber bands and barrettes trying to gather up these thin wispy hairs on this tiny little head. But he does such a better job than me. I guess I need alot more practice. And the real key is distraction. If she isn't focused on you fixing her hair, then it isn't too bad. She really can't stand for anyone to even touch her hair, which will have to change. When she is sitting there playing, I get up behind her and just run my fingers through her hair, gather it and just play with it. She can't stand it. She bats at my hand to quit and makes her stop it grunt noise. It was so funny the last time I tried to fix her hair. She was shouting "DON'T, DON'T!" which was so cute and sounded more like "doe, doe." I didn't even know that she knew how to say that word yet, much less use it in context!

1 comment:

Anjolee said...

What a great picture! Those are the cutest little pigtails and such a great smile! I can't believe Carey does her hair too. That is the best. I'll have to tell Chris. He tried once. I told him he needs to learn.

I sometimes let Kenzee write on the mirror with those tadoodles bath crayons or even just markers...or I get her naked and let her play in the sink. You're right distraction is key for sure!

If you ever have trouble getting those little rubberbands out you can clip them with fingernail clippers.

Go you on those pigtails!