Friday, September 18, 2009

Scouts


Riley started cub scouts this week. Yay! I do believe that Carey has been waiting for this since the doctor exclaimed "It's a boy!" in the operating room 6 1/2 years ago. This should be right up his alley. I think that Riley is really going to like it ... and Carey too. He is going to serve as a den leader since there are so many boys signed up. However, Victoria was not too happy about Riley getting to go to scouts ...

Victoria: "Where going, Riley?"
Riley: "I am going to boy scouts."
Victoria: "Me too!"
Mommy: "You have to be a boy to go to boy scouts. That is why Daddy is going too. The girls, you and me, will stay here."
Victoria: "I wanna be boy! Boy, boy, boy, boy!!" At this point she is jumping up and down.

The "I wanna be boy" went on until the boys left ... and then some. Mommy fixed it with some Dora and a snack of some sort (probably chocolate).


Now that we have added scouts to our calendar, our plate is officially full. Sunday night is Awanas, Wednesday night is Children's and Adult Choir and now Thursday night is cub scouts. There is no room for anything else. Amidst all this activity there is also dinner to be made and eaten, homework to be done, bikes to be ridden, a backyard to be played in, baths to be taken, books to be read, toys to be played with, and a faith to be taught and encouraged. So no more activities on school nights. We have plenty to do. That's enough. No more.

Well, until dance lessons for Miss Victoria next fall
... or maybe even sooner :)!!!!!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Carey,

Seeing Riley in that uniform really makes me well up with pride. It gets me right here man.

Anonymous said...

Go Scout Riley! He's looking more grown up every day. Sniff.

I hope he is able to make lots of fun memories.

Anjolee said...

What a handsome young man you have in that uniform! Precious! Maybe he's too big to say precious, but I'm saying it anyways. Victoria is precious too. I always enjoy seeing her and hearing her talk! Thanks for coming to ballet with us today!

Anjolee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.