Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Tearful Farewell

Well, on Saturday we say goodbye to a house that we have called home for almost 3 years now. But we will also say a tearful farewell to something that is very near and dear to our hearts. Something that not only has brought us closer together as a family (both near and far) but also creates a harmony in this household that is not easily replaced. We say goodbye to ... high speed internet. Yes the rumors are true. There are people, good people out there that still have to suffer with dial-up and my parents are one of them. OH THE HORROR OF IT ALL!!

Some of our younger readers may not even know what "dial-up" is. Let me just say that it is the "stone knives and bearskins" way of accessing the internet. It will be difficult without our beloved high speed internet access, but as I hug my cable modem, I remember that we are a strong family and have gone through rougher things than this (although nothing comes to mind).

So, I said all that to say that the blog may not be updated as frequently as I or you would like, but please bear with us in this unfortunate time. We will eventually find a new home and have our high speed back. And who knows, perhaps an internet carrier could introduce the hidden part of Hidden Valley Dr. in Aledo to the high-speed world. Miracles do happen.

2 comments:

Kippy said...

Awww... Y'all are welcome to come here and use our wireless anytime!

For Over 29 Years... said...

OH Kim, I feel so sorry for you! LOL